- Denoting or relating to credit or loan arrangements for borrowers with a poor credit history, typically having unfavourable conditions such as high interest rates: the sub-prime mortgage marketMore example sentences
- He worked in information technology at the bank, which lost money on subprime mortgages.
- Congressional liberals fought for risky subprime loans.
- In 2005, 69 percent of the homes purchased in the tract were bought with subprime mortgages.
More definitions of sub-primeDefinition of sub-prime in:
- The US English dictionary