- (Of temperature) lower than zero; below freezing: force 10 winds, torrential rain, and sub-zero temperaturesMore example sentences
- It can feel relatively warm, even in sub-zero temperatures, if the sky is clear and the sun is shining, while a higher temperature can feel relatively cool if accompanied by a biting cold wind.
- In very heavy seas, gales, blizzards and sub-zero temperatures and darkness six people including a girl aged 12 were rescued.
- The battle was fought on a freezing cold Palm Sunday, with soldiers facing blizzards and sub-zero temperatures.
More definitions of sub-zeroDefinition of sub-zero in:
- The US English dictionary