Definition of subaerial in English:
Existing, occurring, or formed in the open air or on the earth’s surface, not under water or underground: subaerial erosion
More example sentences
- The first cycle initiated in the early Paleocene and represents a transition from Cretaceous marine turbidites and shales to subaerial fluvial sandstones and conglomerates.
- This scenario requires that a narrow zone of marine shale deposition should occur while the rest of the basin was undergoing subaerial erosion.
- The presence of locally interbedded airfall tuffs implies subaerial (or at least shallow-water) eruption.
- subaerially adverb
- Example sentences
- The long time during which the continental interiors had been subaerially weathered and lowered by erosion was succeeded by one of progressive flooding and coverage by shallow seas.
- Some external black glass is noted where the tubes may have been exposed subaerially during formation, but no exogenic specimens were noted.
- The volcanic pile built up above sea level so that lavas began to be erupted subaerially.
Definition of subaerial in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.