- 1chiefly Law A subsidiary section of a clause in a bill, contract, or treaty.More example sentences
- Rather than supporting businesses that seek to reclaim brownfield land, however, many cities have in place archaic laws full of clauses and subclauses that add further time and cost to a project.
- The standard's description of option analysis lists the priority of risk control measures in Clause 6.2, subclauses a, b, and c.
- In this bill, if we excluded subclauses and of clause 4, the rest could stand alone.
- 2 Grammar A subordinate clause.More example sentences
- Okay, so Hari has left out a subclause and a comma.