A large distinguishable part of a continent, such as North America or the part of Asia containing India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh.
More example sentences
- Chutzpah and discipline more than muscle built the Empire on the subcontinent.
- They can bind relationships even beyond the mental and geographical barriers of a subcontinent.
- This system will develop over the southeastern subcontinent and may reach Namibia's eastern parts.
- More example sentences
- Does the richness of the tradition of argument make much difference to subcontinental lives today?
- Dismissing, optimistically, the threats of African AIDS and Indian subcontinental nuclear lunacy, there will be huge population pressures in the poorer countries over the next few decades.
- I had 20-page faxes of handwritten itineraries, imploring phone calls in the middle of the night, notes from strangers, the itinerant yogis of subcontinental tourism.
Definition of subcontinent in:
- The US English dictionary