- A firm or person that carries out work for a company as part of a larger project.More example sentences
- They maintain that the dumping at Coolnamadra was carried out by a subcontractor who was sacked when the dump was discovered.
- Most of the production is subcontracted to 11 main contractors and dozens of subcontractors in Indonesia.
- Around 1,300 builders and subcontractors should be employed if the project goes ahead.
More definitions of subcontractorDefinition of subcontractor in:
- The US English dictionary