- A cultural group within a larger culture, often having beliefs or interests at variance with those of the larger culture: in what ways does the social environment predispose certain individuals to join delinquent subcultures?More example sentences
- I would say dealing with people is not within the police subculture culturally glamorous; it is not something that you strive to do.
- Parents and children within the cultures and subcultures we have studied respond similarly to one another.
- Cultures and subcultures constrain us because we internalize their beliefs and values.
- More example sentences
- In Southern Morocco, one of the best known subcultural groups is the Gnawa, descendants of slaves from sub-Saharan Africa.
- Graffiti resists authority and changes the visual scope of the city, creating complicated urban subcultural preferences.
- It is characteristic of subcultural style that it should resist the interpretations of outsiders.
More definitions of subcultureDefinition of subculture in:
- The US English dictionary