Definition of subcutaneous in English:
adjectiveAnatomy & Medicine
Situated or applied under the skin: subcutaneous fat
More example sentences
- The septum of these catheters is sutured under the skin in the subcutaneous tissue.
- Any organ can be involved, but most frequently hemangiomas are localized to the skin and subcutaneous tissues.
- The superficial veins conduct blood from the skin and subcutaneous tissue.
- 1subcutaneously adverb
- Example sentences
- Some casualty departments and ambulance services now recommend giving naloxone intramuscularly or subcutaneously rather than intravenously because it can be given more quickly and results in less violent recovery.
- Pneumococcal vaccine is administered intramuscularly or subcutaneously as one 0.5-mL dose.
- Healthy elderly volunteers were infused with normal saline either intravenously or subcutaneously, using radioisotopic triated water and technetium pertechnetate.
Words that rhyme with subcutaneouscontemporaneous, cutaneous, extemporaneous, extraneous, instantaneous, miscellaneous, Pausanias, porcellaneous, simultaneous, spontaneous
Definition of subcutaneous in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.