- Situated or occurring underneath a glacier or ice sheet.More example sentences
- A notable signature of the ice-sheet readvance during the Killard Point Stadial was the subglacial transfer of large volumes of detritus to tidewater margins.
- The majority of these flutes commence in the lee of Carboniferous and Permian boulders, indicative of a local subglacial origin.
- However, the listric thrust geometries together with imbricated bedrock point to a subglacial origin.
More definitions of subglacialDefinition of subglacial in:
- The US English dictionary