- A heading given to a subsection of a piece of writing: the page is broken up into short paragraphs with sub-headings this project falls under the sub-heading of ‘Skills and the Workforce’More example sentences
- Writing headlines and subheads is not as dull as it sounds.
- Hunter was close to a genius at headlines and subheads for his pieces.
- Because reporters rarely write their own headlines and subheads, and all the trend-mongering takes place in the subhead of Hellmich's piece, we excuse her from any misconduct.
More definitions of subheadingDefinition of subheading in:
- The US English dictionary