- 1Of a lower order of being than humans.More example sentences
- I've been in many homes where the cleaning help is treated as subhuman - ordered around, made to eat separately, severely criticized - by the same people arguing adamantly in favor of civil rights.
- Projecting a subhuman image of the opponent in order to legitimize violence and human rights violations is a commonly used psychological tool.
- I would be the first to agree that these liberals have a right to try and retrieve their relatively accurate, highly tarnished satanic and subhuman image.
- 1.1 Zoology (Of a primate) closely related to humans.More example sentences
- Instead of a single factor with chemoattractant activity as found with subhuman primate cells and guinea pig cells, two factors were identified that selectively attracted PMNs but not mononuclear cells.
- First, there is no evidence from anthropology or from studies of subhuman primates that a ‘primal horde’ dominated by a single male ever existed.
- Each of the traditions distinguishes between human, as against subhuman life, behavior and animal.
- 1.2Not worthy of a human being; debased or depraved: he regards all PR people as subhumanMore example sentences
- Though treated as subhuman, peasants were of course neither deaf, dumb, nor incapable of acting on their perceived interests.
- Throughout history, whenever any group has been labelled subhuman, serious abuse has followed.
- He's far from the only general partner to treat limited partners as something subhuman.
nounBack to top
- A subhuman creature or person.More example sentences
- They warn of a ‘self-fulfilling prophesy’: If men are told over and over that they are not only brutal subhumans in general but also hostile to women in particular, they are likely to say, ‘So be it.’
- This terrorism reduced Africans to subhumans whose resources and labor were used to develop foreign countries, which terrorized the African people.
- Attempting to contract with subhumans has predictable consequences, consequences that correspond exactly with attempts to contract with two-legged subhumans.
More definitions of subhumanDefinition of subhuman in:
- The US English dictionary