Definition of subjectivism in English:
noun[mass noun] Philosophy
The doctrine that knowledge is merely subjective and that there is no external or objective truth.
- This New Age subjectivism and relativism encourage people to believe that reality is whatever you want it to be.
- For example, moral subjectivism is that species of moral relativism that relativizes moral value to the individual subject.
- It seems that this absolutization leads to subjectivism.
subjectivist noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- Nietzsche made a virtue out of the subjectivist isolation in which he found himself.
- Suprisingly, Heidegger argues that there is little trace here of a subjectivist metaphysics in which being as such has to be orientated by the self-posited ego as subject.
- By contrast, post-Cartesian epistemology is individualist because it is subjectivist.
Definition of subjectivism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan