- A specialized language or jargon associated with a specific group or context.More example sentences
- On the contrary, the urge to catalog and describe sublanguages accurately implies a certain amount of respect.
- In some areas, there were sublanguages for use in the presence of certain relatives, for communicating with children, or for ceremonial occasions.
- It's a sublanguage under ‘Sepik’ and is spoken on Papua New Guinea, apparently by a race of mathematical savants.
More definitions of sublanguageDefinition of sublanguage in:
- The US English dictionary