Definition of subliminal in English:
(Of a stimulus or mental process) below the threshold of sensation or consciousness; perceived by or affecting someone’s mind without their being aware of it.
- A number of these studies have used subliminal stimuli to produce the increase in positive affect.
- As is typical with this method, no participant reported being aware of the subliminal faces.
- An audio subliminal message could be defined as a verbal stimulus perceived below the threshold of awareness.
- Example sentences
- The conclusion that the affective meaning of these subliminally presented stimuli was processed by the participants, stems from two lines of observations.
- Based on these data it can be concluded that affective priming for subliminally presented stimuli is a replicable phenomenon.
- We just don't realize how exactly we're being subliminally influenced.
Words that rhyme with subliminalcriminal, liminal
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan