- Either of a pair of salivary glands situated below the parotid glands. Also called submaxillary gland.More example sentences
- Neoplasms can occur in the parotid, sublingual or submandibular glands, or in the minor salivary glands.
- Swollen submandibular glands and parotid glands as well as esophagitis, esophageal spasm, and esophageal tearing and potentially fatal ruptures can occur from constant vomiting.
- This was centred in the left submandibular region anterior to the left submandibular gland.
More definitions of submandibular glandDefinition of submandibular gland in:
- The US English dictionary