- The action or state of submerging or being submerged: five small islands threatened by submersionMore example sentences
- The analogy between cerebral protection with deep hypothermia, and cold water submersion, now becomes obvious.
- There have been extraordinary examples of survival after long periods of submersion in ice cold water.
- If such a seizure occurs while a person is swimming, the average body density may become higher than the density of the water, causing rapid submersion.
More definitions of submersionDefinition of submersion in:
- The US English dictionary