Definition of subminiature in English:
1Of greatly reduced size.
- A 3.5-metre-long ivory is another treasure blessing the palace, on which is carved a subminiature sutra of 82,000 characters and pictures of 500 arhats.
- Subminiature speaker designs are based on balanced armature technology, utilized in a variety of high performance audio and communication products.
- But nearly all medical manufacturing companies involved in subminiature assembly, quality control, or failure analysis already routinely use optical light microscopes.
1.1(Of a camera) very small and using 16-mm film.
- For my birthday, my father gave me a stunning 1959 Minox B subminiature camera and I can't wait to start taking pictures as soon as the crazy 8x11mm film arrives.
- This subminiature angular velocity sensor is ideally designed for use in systems that correct camera vibrations.
Definition of subminiature in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan