Definition of subnormal in English:
Not meeting standards or reaching a level regarded as usual, especially with respect to intelligence or development.
- Epilepsy does not shorten life or cause insanity or subnormal intelligence.
- I suspect it was in fact a holding pen for all of Brighton's mentally subnormal and alcoholic inhabitants.
- He's a man of limited intelligence, he's got a very subnormal IQ, and they wanted to hang the crime on someone.
- subnormality noun
- Example sentences
- It was repeated in Egan, although in that case the abnormality of mind was mental impairment or subnormality which, as an ‘arrested or retarded state of mind’, was a permanent condition not related to D's powers of control.
- These children exhibited significant problems of scholastic underachievement, without any evidence of mental subnormality, learning difficulty or any behavioural or emotional disorder.
- They rely on an outdated definition of mental subnormality.
Words that rhyme with subnormalabnormal, conformal, formal, normal, paranormal
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.