Definition of suboptimal in English:
Of less than the highest standard or quality: suboptimal working conditions
More example sentences
- Their disappointing results were largely due to suboptimal screening methods.
- The increasing scarcity of more desirable hardwoods led people to make use of structurally suboptimal building materials.
- Restrictions on trade provide, at best, a suboptimal approach to wildlife conservation.
- Example sentences
- That study included 284 patients, of whom 175 had controlled blood pressure and 109 had suboptimally controlled blood pressure.
- There were many incidents of near-miss obstetric complications or suboptimally managed obstetric conditions due to lack of well-structured and continuous antenatal care.
- Although it will require major revisions, it is an important step toward reforming a medical care system that is in disarray and serving our citizens suboptimally.
Definition of suboptimal in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan