- A writ ordering a person to attend a court and bring relevant documents.More example sentences
- When the original of a document is in the possession of a stranger to the litigation, the proper course for the party desiring to prove the contents of the document is to serve the stranger with a subpoena duces tecum.
- The second was a subpoena duces tecum in the course of other litigation.
- It held that the First Amendment did not permit the Society of Jesus of New England to quash - that is, resist the enforcement of - a subpoena duces tecum.
Latin, literally 'under penalty you shall bring with you'.
More definitions of subpoena duces tecumDefinition of subpoena duces tecum in:
- The US English dictionary