Definition of subscript in English:
(Of a letter, figure, or symbol) written or printed below the line.
- Of course we have modernised the notation, for example subscript notation was not used in Parseval's time, and we have also corrected his theorem for he omitted the first 2 on the left hand side.
- But, what is interesting here is that this particular industrial strength beast has subscript keys.
- The average number of the repetitions is shown as a subscript index
nounBack to top
1A subscript letter, figure, or symbol.
- Lowercase letters and subscripts are used identically to those described for variance components.
- For convenience, we henceforth drop the superscripts and subscripts indicating deme identities.
- For convenience, we consider only the case of two alleles at each of the three loci and the notation in this case is varied to reduce the superscripts and subscripts.
1.1 Computing A symbol (notionally written as a subscript but in practice usually not) used in a program, alone or with others, to specify one of the elements of an array.
- Conventionally solving these two programming issues involves writing explicit programming code to manually adjust the subscripts in a two-dimensional array.
- Overloading - getitem - implies the user can ask for any subscript in any order.
Definition of subscript in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan