- A subsidiary sense of a word defined in a dictionary.More example sentences
- Dictionaries usually put polysemous words with all their senses in one article and homonymous words in two or more articles, dividing each into senses and subsenses as appropriate.
- The various English glosses are separated by commas and by semicolons, the latter being used to separate what CDNTG identifies as distinct subsenses, or different semantic nuances.
- Clicking on a control displays the selected property for all senses and subsenses.
More definitions of subsenseDefinition of subsense in:
- The US English dictionary