1A sequence contained in or forming part of another sequence: these subsequences were usually only one or two words in length
More example sentences
- These scoring matrices are combined with algorithmic procedures, usually based on dynamic programming, to extract subsequences from the targets that best match the class libraries.
- Collinearity was assessed by computing the longest common subsequence of gene pairs.
- Transcription factors are proteins that bind to a subsequence of the DNA before a gene and encourage the start of transcription.
1.1 Mathematics A sequence derived from another by the omission of a number of terms.
- This is called Zeckendorf's theorem, and the subsequence of Fibonacci numbers which add up to a given integer is called its Zeckendorf representation.
- This sequence contains various increasing subsequences, such as 5 6 9 or 1 3 6 7 8.
- In 1929 he published a mathematics paper in which he constructed an infinite sequence of 0's and 1's with no three identical consecutive subsequences of any length.
Definition of subsequence in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.