Definition of subsequent in English:
1Coming after something in time; following: the theory was developed subsequent to the earthquake of 1906
More example sentences
- Had they existed at any time subsequent to their split in 1983, they would have been big.
- The theft of the items could have been subsequent to the murder and not the reason for it, for example.
- Mr Milford's conviction has subsequent to the hearing been quashed and a retrial ordered.
1.1 Geology (Of a stream or valley) having a direction or character determined by the resistance to erosion of the underlying rock, and typically following the strike of the strata.
- Erosion and subsequent overcompaction were taken into account in the calculation.
- Then, the rock was buried underneath subsequent rock and was subjected to high pressures and temperatures, causing the rock to recrystallize.
Words that rhyme with subsequentunguent • eloquent
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.