Definition of subset in English:
1A part of a larger group of related things: computer vendors usually only support a small subset of the disks available
More example sentences
- A common response of roots to anoxia is the synthesis of a subset of anaerobic proteins related to the glycolytic and fermentation pathways.
- Also, random selection of CDs would only work on a subset of contiguous disks.
- Liberal, conservative, New Right - they're all exercises in descriptive creativity with distinct subsets within them.
1.1 Mathematics A set of which all the elements are contained in another set.
- This places different demands on the problem solver in connecting it to the two given subsets, the superset, and the set solicited in the final sentence for finding an answer.
- The problems in this study were part-part-whole problems in which subsets combine to form supersets.
- Then homogenize: randomly permute rows and columns within the subsets that have equal totals.