- A localized disturbance of the earth’s magnetic field in high latitudes, typically manifested as an aurora.More example sentences
- A typical example of how both missions will co-operate is the study of the magnetic substorms producing the bright aurorae.
- The jagged peaks mark the arrival of electrons in substorms, and they gradually drift away again.
- A magnetospheric substorm has three distinct phases: growth, expansion, and recovery.
More definitions of substormDefinition of substorm in:
- The US English dictionary