An underlying or supporting structure: here is a Roman theatre built over barrel-vaulted substructures figurative Tudor princes had little in the way of a bureaucratic substructure
More example sentences
- The roof rests on a glulam substructure supported on concrete posts with glass panels fixed to hollow steel sections.
- Almost 300 fragments of plaster casts of ancient statuary were excavated in a cellar-like area forming the substructure of a hall or terrace within the great bath complex at Baiae, the Roman seaside resort near Naples.
- Soil compaction is common in civil engineering practice mainly in highway and rail road works, run ways, earth dams, sanitary landfills and backfilling of excavations for substructures and retaining walls.
- Example sentences
- The principal difference between the classical view and the substructural view of chromosome differentiation is that the gross linear order of gene loci may remain unaltered in substructurally differentiated genomes.
- By a fortunate coincidence, the interest in algebraic structures related to substructural logics is also undergoing a revival among algebraists.
- Moreover, the class of distributive substructural logics includes many of important non-classical logics like superintuitionistic logics, many-valued logics and fuzzy logics.
Definition of substructure in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.