- Near the end of a chain or other structure.More example sentences
- In nonterminal regions, the distribution was roughly bimodal with a low number of chiasmata in an interstitial position and an even lower one in the centromeric and subterminal segments.
- Intermediate bearers display female flowers mainly on terminal and subterminal buds on the annual shoots when they are inserted on 2-year-old branches.
- Adhering egg clusters along the spines are covered by thin, gelatinous sheath; tips of spines are separated from each other, with slight but distinct subterminal narrowing.
More definitions of subterminalDefinition of subterminal in:
- The US English dictionary