- A European clover, naturalized as a weed of pastures in Australia, whose fruiting heads bury themselves in the ground.
More example sentences
- Trifolium subterraneum, family Leguminosae
- Experiments with subterranean clovers, or clover ley farming, helped to improve both soil structure and pasture.
- Local pastoralists reported significant failures of well-irrigated pastures containing subterranean clover, perennial rye grass and Phalaris tuberosa.
- He grows self-seeding winter cover crops such as little barley (considered a weed by some) and subterranean clover, which die down in early summer and come back from seed in the fall.