Definition of subtopia in English:
noun[mass noun] British
Unsightly, sprawling suburban development: I shall doubtless feel no more alien than anybody else in the prevailing subtopia because nobody will be working out of doors
More example sentences
- Proposals for densification or adopting urban housing models are understandably slow to take root and have yet to make any discernible impact on the relentless march of subtopia.
- There are many varieties of downtown areas, and no two subtopias are alike.
- ‘The embers of the empire shimmer like a distant blood-soaked sunset as the urban subtopias of downtown blighty rumble to the rhythms of a brand new internationalism.’
- 1subtopian adjective
- Example sentences
- My plan had been to head right through that subtopian labyrinth to the very edge, the scrubland beside the M57.
- I consider that even in the subtopian clutter of modern towns and cities, a stark beauty can sometimes be found.
- So now we fit in with the some of the other subtopian troglodytes in the area.
Words that rhyme with subtopiacornucopia, dystopia, Ethiopia, myopia, Utopia
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.