Definition of subtotal in English:
The total of one set of a larger group of figures to be added.
- The combined risk ratio and its 95% confidence interval are indicated by unshaded diamonds for subtotals and shaded diamond for total.
- Usually on the back side of the tablet, a third section contains a final total that adds up the previous subtotals.
- Click the equal sign to subtotal each row, then click the Total button to add the subtotals.
verb (subtotals, subtotalling, subtotalled; US subtotals, subtotaling, subtotaled)[with object] Back to top
adjectiveMedicine Back to top
(Of an injury or a surgical operation) partial; not total.
- Total and subtotal laparoscopic hysterectomies have also been described, although none of these are commonly performed at the present time.
- For distal-third gastric cancer, patients may be able to undergo subtotal gastrectomy if biopsy reveals ‘intestinal-type’ adenocarcinoma.
- Strangely enough, the only subjects in this study to experience problems with pelvic relaxation were two patients who had cervical prolapse after subtotal hysterectomy.
Definition of subtotal in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan