The total of one set of a larger group of figures to be added.
- The combined risk ratio and its 95% confidence interval are indicated by unshaded diamonds for subtotals and shaded diamond for total.
- Usually on the back side of the tablet, a third section contains a final total that adds up the previous subtotals.
- Click the equal sign to subtotal each row, then click the Total button to add the subtotals.
verb (subtotals, subtotalling, subtotalled; US subtotals, subtotaling, subtotaled)[with object]
(Of an injury or a surgical operation) partial; not total.
- Total and subtotal laparoscopic hysterectomies have also been described, although none of these are commonly performed at the present time.
- For distal-third gastric cancer, patients may be able to undergo subtotal gastrectomy if biopsy reveals ‘intestinal-type’ adenocarcinoma.
- Strangely enough, the only subjects in this study to experience problems with pelvic relaxation were two patients who had cervical prolapse after subtotal hysterectomy.
Definition of subtotal in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.