- A quantity or number to be subtracted from another.More example sentences
- The game has three parameters. Nums is the number of minuends to subtract from. Subs is the number of possible subtrahends to be subtracted from minuends.
- I need help understanding the rules of subtracting binary numbers when the subtrahend is larger then the minuend.
- That founded because of what I have said earlier, that the Commissioner found that the subtrahend in the equation, namely the value of improvements, was not in fact the value.
late 17th century: from Latin subtrahendus 'to be taken away', gerundive of subtrahere (see subtract).
More definitions of subtrahendDefinition of subtrahend in:
- The US English dictionary