adjectivePsychology & Philosophy
Relating to or denoting an unarticulated level of speech comparable to thought.
More example sentences
- It heightens subvocal speech or forces you to - very quickly - develop nonverbal communication of some subtlety.
- The sensor can even detect subvocal or silent speech.
- More example sentences
- If so, it may not be too long before students start getting detention for talking subvocally in class.
- Before proceeding, the user should repeat the sentence vocally, subvocally, and mentally.
- Interviewers show ability to transmit a complete, detailed, subvocally perceptible answer co-occurrent to the question.
Definition of subvocal in:
- The US English dictionary