- 1British A tunnel under a road for use by pedestrians.More example sentences
- According to the 1996 Highway Road Humps Regulations they must not be built on or within 25 metres of bridges, subways, culverts or tunnels.
- The BMTC terminus with a pedestrian subway for safety will also have shops and toilets.
- Alternatively, never walk on street level - always in subways or on pedestrian bridges.
- 2North American An underground railway: [as modifier]: a subway stationMore example sentences
- The subway and light railway can transport people to every corner of the city quickly.
- In 10 years time, the system will comprise 16 subways and six light railways.
- All ten of us were present and accounted for as we went down into the subway station for our next ride.