- A success due to notoriety or a thing’s scandalous nature: in France the book had quite a succès de scandaleMore example sentences
- You begin with a couple of splashy outrages that create a succès de scandale, and get the sensation hunters, the phonies, and the sheep - a goodly part of the audience - salivating about you.
- He and I devised a gameshow satire. It was a succès de scandale and it caused the most tremendous fuss.
- The habit came to a titillating head at the College of Architecture, University of Houston, when, in a succès de scandale, he shamelessly copied plans by eighteenth-century architect Claude Nicolas Ledoux.
French, literally 'success of scandal'.
More definitions of succès de scandaleDefinition of succès de scandale in:
- The US English dictionary