noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A synthetic compound used as a short-acting muscle relaxant and local anaesthetic. It is an ester of choline with succinic acid.More example sentences
- This ‘crash induction’ consists of preoxygenation and rapid administration of an IV induction agent, followed by administration of a full paralyzing dose of a rapid-acting muscle relaxant, most commonly succinylcholine.
- In the review by Trollor and Sachdev, a muscle relaxant was used in 50% of the cases with succinylcholine being the most common.
- Light anesthesia is induced using a short-acting barbiturate, usually methohexital IV followed by succinylcholine IV for muscle relaxation.
More definitions of succinylcholineDefinition of succinylcholine in:
- The US English dictionary