noun[mass noun] US
- A dish of maize and lima beans boiled together.More example sentences
- The sweet quality of this meat is best for salads, succotash, chowders or steamed preparations to accompany summer fare.
- Stemming from the Native American dish m'i sicquotach, plain old down-home succotash keeps the siblings as close as they can be.
- But in order to try it you may have to stop wolfing the smothered pork chops and grits the person on your left is drooling over, or the curried goat with superb succotash that has made the friend on your right fall suddenly silent.
mid 18th century: from Narragansett msiquatash (plural).
More definitions of succotashDefinition of succotash in:
- The US English dictionary