noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A drug used in the treatment of gastric and duodenal ulcers. It is a complex of aluminium hydroxide and a sulphate derivative of sucrose.More example sentences
- Allowing a four to six hour interval between the administration of antacids or sucralfate and fluoroquinolones avoids these interactions.
- New peptic ulcers are treated with H2 blockers such as cimetidine or sucralfate (a stomach coater) and treatment of the Helicobacter infection is reserved for patients with recurrent disease in whom the organism is present.
- Antacids containing aluminum or magnesium, sucralfate, citric acid buffered with sodium citrate, or ferrous sulfate can decrease the bioavailability of trovafloxacin.
More definitions of sucralfateDefinition of sucralfate in:
- The US English dictionary