- A pump for drawing liquid through a pipe into a chamber emptied by a piston.More example sentences
- With a suction pump a hydrostatic pressure gradient of - 0.045 MPa was applied to the excised root systems and xylem sap collected in 20 min intervals as described previously.
- Not only did the withdrawal of gold coins from the monetary bloodstream through government coercion fail to stop deflation: it set off a huge suction pump in the bond market siphoning money off from every nook and cranny of the economy.
- A valve attached at the outlet to a suction pump controlled the airflow through the chamber.
More definitions of suction pumpDefinition of suction pump in:
- The US English dictionary