- An area of floating vegetation in a stretch of the White Nile, thick enough to impede navigation.More example sentences
- Strange as it may seem, the sudd interferes but little with the flow of the river, and the Nile passes under it with little resistance.
- Thick aquatic vegetation (sudd) disperses the river water into numerous channels.
- Ultimately the force of water, assisted by the pressure of wind, is so great that the sudd dam will burst.
Arabic, literally 'obstruction'.
More definitions of suddDefinition of sudd in:
- The US English dictionary