- (Of a gland) secreting sweat.More example sentences
- The numbers and locations of sudoriferous glands vary greatly between species.
- The eccrine sudoriferous glands are distributed on the entire surface of the body with more abundance on palms, soles and on the forehead.
- The action of pilocarpine upon the involuntary muscles is caused in the same manner as upon the sudoriferous glands - by impressing the myo-neural receptors.
late 16th century (in the sense 'sudorific'): from late Latin sudorifer (from Latin sudor 'sweat') + -ous.
More definitions of sudoriferousDefinition of sudoriferous in:
- The US English dictionary