Definition of sufficient in English:
Enough; adequate: [as adjective]: he had a small private income which was sufficient for her needs [as determiner]: they had sufficient resources to survive
More example sentences
- This would not happen if we had sufficient staff and resources to do our job properly.
- If it can do all that in sufficient numbers, it might be enough to start spooking its rivals.
- That experience was sufficient to prove to me that handling these big schemes is no easy matter.
- Example sentences
- Then as now, Egyptian artefacts were sufficiently unusual as to be valuable gifts.
- The next requirement to ascertain is whether the breach is sufficiently serious.
- Technology is sufficiently advanced to make real changes to the lives of patients.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan