- A large brown seaweed with a long crinkly blade-like frond that grows up to 3 m in length and young stems that are edible.
More example sentences
- Lactaria saccharina, class Phaeophyceae
- Completely broken up, the plates and crossbars are covered in sugar kelp and perfect for snorkel exploration as well as diving.
- The sunlit port side is a forest of sugar kelp and the shaded starboard side a garden of delicate anemones and tunicates.
- The delicate plumose anemones have been replaced in the shallows by long strands of sugar kelp.