- A North American maple, from the sap of which maple sugar and maple syrup are made.
More example sentences
- Acer saccharum, family Aceraceae
- They say that the principal tree is the one that gives of its blood for our enjoyment; that's maple syrup from the sugar maple.
- You'll notice indicators of this season, such as the blooming of cornelian cherry and sugar maple.
- Walnut trees can also grow in small groups or as scattered specimens mixed with American elm, hackberry, boxelder, sugar maple, green and white ash, basswood, red oak, and hickory.
More definitions of sugar mapleDefinition of sugar maple in:
- The US English dictionary