Definition of sugaring in English:
1 (also sugaring off) North American The boiling down of maple sap until it thickens into syrup or crystallizes into sugar: [as modifier]: March is sugaring-off month
More example sentences
- Our first venture into sugaring was a stove-top operation: sap boiled on the kitchen range to produce two or three quarts for our own use.
- For us, sugaring is a wonderful part of our lives all year around, a special blend of hard work, good times, and lasting memories.
- We were planning to boil it down later that night for a sugaring off party the next day.
2A method of removing unwanted hair by applying a mixture of lemon juice, sugar, and water to the skin and then peeling it off together with the hair.
- An ancient method of hair removal that originated in Egypt, sugaring is similar to waxing, but without the heat.
- Waxing and sugaring are very similar hair-removal processes, where a thin layer of wax or gel is applied in the direction of hair growth, then covered with a strip of fabric, which is pulled off in the direction opposite to hair growth.
- Manufacturers such as Moom and Touchme claim sugaring is less painful than waxing because the gel sticks to hair better than it does to skin.
Definition of sugaring in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan