- A natural greasy substance in sheep’s wool.More example sentences
- To eliminate the suint, the wool is put into a concentrated soda bath, and it comes out of it entirely clean.
- This utilization of wool grease and suint is mainly practised in France, Belgium, and Germany, and in these countries this is done chiefly to prevent the pollution of the streams.
- It is further seen that the amounts of wool-fat and suint are considerably less in the slipe wools; this is only to be expected, for in the washing of the skins these matters are removed.
late 18th century: from French, from suer 'sweat'.
More definitions of suintDefinition of suint in:
- The US English dictionary