noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A sulphonamide antibiotic used to treat ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease.More example sentences
- All of the women included in the case part of the study were taking at least one of the following folic acid antagonists: trimethoprim, triamterene, sulfasalazine, phenytoin, phenobarbital, primidone and carbamazepine.
- At six and 12 months, there was no difference in ACR20 response rate between patients treated with leflunomide and patients treated with sulfasalazine or methotrexate.
- Almost all sulfonamides are anti-infectives: however, sulfasalazine which is used to treat ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease, is also included.
More definitions of sulphasalazineDefinition of sulphasalazine in:
- The US English dictionary