(also sulfur dioxide)
noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A colourless pungent toxic gas formed by burning sulphur in air.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: SO2
- Other trace gases include methane, nitrous oxide, carbon monoxide, sulphur dioxide, and ozone.
- The District's urban forest improves air quality by removing nitrogen dioxide, sulfur dioxide, carbon monoxide, ozone, and particulate matter.
- When fossil fuels burn, carbon dioxide, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, sooty particles, dioxins, and other pollutants are released into the air and water.
More definitions of sulphur dioxideDefinition of sulphur dioxide in:
- The US English dictionary