- Of, like, or containing sulphur.More example sentences
- According to Hugh Murray, in his biography Dr Evelyn's York, he left London shrouded in ‘a pea soup fog, characteristic of the capital city with its myriads of sulphureous and coal-burning fires.’
- Queen Victoria loved the sulfureous saline water so much she gave the town a royal prefix.
- View a former old coffee plantation in the Canada del Infierno and the sulfureous springs of the Bayate river.
More definitions of sulphureousDefinition of sulphureous in:
- The US English dictionary