- Japanese ink painting using sumi.More example sentences
- The corresponding Grey Flow resembles the product of an artist gifted in the fluid brushwork of sumi-e.
- How else to explain his keeping all his ducks in a row and still producing magnificent watercolors and sumi-e paintings?
- He is the only foreign member of the Gendai Suiboku-ga Kyokai, an honorary association of artists working exclusively on sumi-e.
from sumi + Japanese e 'painting'.
More definitions of sumi-eDefinition of sumi-e in:
- The US English dictionary